If Baking Is Your Passion – You Need A Great Bakeware Set
Baking is a passion and a favorite hobby of many. If you’re reading this, you may very well be included. Who doesn’t like to bake cakes, cupcakes, brownies, cake pops, biscuits, cookies or even the yummiest pizza! We know we do. Now, every person who knows his/her way around the kitchen realizes the importance of a great bakeware set. And no, not all bakeware sets are created equal. There are many different characteristics which define some of the best bakeware sets available on the market this year (2017). The purpose of this article is to discuss a few of them as well as provide you with a way to read more reviews & make an informed decision for your next purchase.
What Are The Different Bakeware Sets Available?
There is a huge range of bakeware sets available on the market today, from inexpensive to expensive, superior quality to less than stellar quality, size, strength, & more. Below are some of the common types of bakeware material available:
Aluminum: One of the best materials when it comes to the bakeware sets because it’s known to be a good conductor of heat, which leads to the even baking of the food. Other benefits of aluminum include:
- Durable & rust resistant
- Aluminum bakeware set can be cleaned easily
Glass: Glass bakeware sets are very commonly seen in the modern kitchens these days. One of the benefits of the glass sets is that they conduct heat well to bake the goods uniformly due to the tempered glass used in their making. Furthermore, glass baking results in evenly cooked, beautifully brown colored food that smells and tastes heavenly. Other benefits of glass bakeware set are:
- Easy to clean, stain resistant, and can be used for acidic food as well without the risk of any reaction
- Ovenproof glass of the glassware baking set makes it suitable to use interchangeably in freezer and ovens
Insulated: Insulated bakeware sets are made of mainly two layers of metal that are cushioned by a layer of air on either side. Insulated bakeware sets are used for even baking and browning the food without burning or hot spots. Other benefits of insulated bakeware set include:
- The layers provide more protection from the heat source
- These types of sets are easy to clean and for everyday use
Stone: Stone bakeware sets are more common now than ever in kitchens. These types of sets are made from stone fired at a very high temperature to produce a nonporous surface on the bakeware pieces. Due to the high-temperature treatment, it does not need glazing and gives superior baking results. Other benefits of stone bakeware set include:
- Distributes heat evenly for baking food
- The stone bakeware pieces are known to retain heat well so that the food remains fresh and warm for a long time
- As compared to other material, there is less chance of burning and overcooking the food in stone bakeware sets
Other types of less popular bakeware sets are copper, stainless steel, silicone, anodized aluminum & aluminum foil.
WHY THIS BAKEWARE SET? – The Gotham Steel Five Piece Bakeware is a great copper set which has everything you need. There are options here made for small or large groups. Each piece is non-stick as well as non-scratch.
Go Big – Aluminized Steel 6-Piece
This is an aluminized steel option, which happens to be the material of choice by many bakeries around the world. It’s durable, strong & long-lasting. You’ll also see, from the many reviews, that it’s a very popular & often purchased bakeware set.
Types of Bakeware Sets
Bakeware sets can made-up of many types of material, as discussed above. The type of material the bakeware pan is made of can make a significant difference to the taste of food as well as the cooking time. Below are the some of the several types of bakeware pieces available that are most commonly used for the everyday baking purposes:
- Baking Dish: It is a flat pan made of either stone or glass with straight sides and is one of the most commonly used tools for baking food in the oven. Baking pans are available in a variety of sizes, textures, different material, and colors and is a versatile tool for every kitchen. Baking dishes or pans are used to hold a variety of batters such as cake batter or other thick batters used in a variety of dishes. It is used for baking a variety of foods by placing them in the pan and putting in the oven. Can be used to bake cakes, meats, brownies, lasagna, cornbreads etc.
- Baking Sheet: A baking sheet is a flat pan or sheet of metal that is used to bake products such as cookies, biscuits, free standing bread, pastries & other items.
- Brioche Pan: A type of pan or mold with fluted sides that is commonly used to form the base of a type of traditional French bread known as Brioche.
- Cake Pan: A cake pan is commonly found in almost every kitchen of cake lovers. They are available in various shapes and sizes such square, rectangular or round as per individual preferences. Check out our cake pan article.
- Doughnut Pan: Well, this is a pan used to make doughnuts. It is very similar to muffin tin in shape and design except that the cups will usually have a rounded bottom.
- Pie Plate: A round baking dish that comes with slanted sides for easy baking is available in several sizes. Pie plates are available in different materials as well such as aluminum, ceramic & glass.
Looking For A Popular Option? Try The Baker’s Secret 5-Piece Easy Store Bakeware Set – Read Reviews
This is one of the most popular types of bakeware sets around because it’s simple & inexpensive. If you are a beginner in the baking or indulge in baking occasionally, this might be the perfect bakeware set for you. The features of this set include:
- Affordable price and easy to use pieces for the beginners
- Compact five piece set that includes round cake pans, a 12-cup muffin baking tray, 1 oblong cake pan, and a cookie tray
- The set is sturdy and easy to use
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Comes with a non-stick silicone based coating which prevents sticking from the bottom
Great Value – Baker’s Secret Signature 25-Piece
Well, what can we say? We hope you have adequate storage space! This 25-piece bakeware set comes stacked with an oblong Cake Pan, a 12-cup muffin pan, a larger cookie sheet, 2-cup measuring cup & lid, a pizza pan, large loaf pan, a couple medium sized cookie sheets, a round cake pan, 6-piece Pyrex mixing bowls, a Pyrex 3-qt oblong, 8″ square and two 1-cup round with covers.
A Few Additional Options To Consider
Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware Set – Read Product Reviews
The brand Calphalon is well-known in many households for extensive baking purposes. This is a high quality, comprehensive bakeware set with the following features:
- A six-piece non-stick set that incorporates a heavy-gauge steel core which prevents any warping
- Distributes heat evenly across the pan so the food cooks thoroughly without any ‘hot spots
- The pieces come with nonstick layers that are interlocked and therefore make food release a whole lot easier
- Set includes round cake pans, a square cake pan, a medium-sized loaf pan, a muffin tray and a cookie sheet
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
Elite Bakeware Ultra NonStick Baking Pans – Read Product Reviews
A high quality and elegant looking 5-piece bakeware set by Elite Bakeware that is perfect for all your baking needs. The features of this set include:
- The pieces come in the beautifully designed combination of black and red
- Sturdy, easy to clean, and dishwasher safe pieces that are built to last as
- High-quality material that prevents hot spots on food
- Silicone grips that make the handling easy and adds to safety as well
- The set is dishwasher safe and rust proof to ensure long-term usage
Farberware 4-Piece Nonstick Bakeware Set – Read Product Reviews
If you are looking for a basic and affordable bakeware set, this one is ideal. Features include:
- Built out of heavy-duty materials that allow the trays to retain their shape while baking
- This non-stick bakeware set heats up evenly for a great baking experience
- Set includes four pieces for pizza-making, cakes, and cookies
- Non-stick properties make it easy to release food and cleanups
- The set is particularly suitable for use with toaster ovens and small ovens
Affordable – ChefLand 10-Piece
This bakeware set is priced right and gives you everything you need for your kitchen. It has ten of the most popular bakeware items you’ll find in most kitchens today. This set has excellent reviews and is often on sale.
What Makes The Best Bakeware Set?
As you’ve seen above & probably noticed while shopping online, the volume of bakeware sets available is huge. When trying to find the ideal bakeware set to meet your needs, we suggest you strongly consider the following:
- Weight: Who wants to haul a heavy dish around the kitchen? Not us. If possible, try to get a lighter set if you can.
- Material: As mentioned further up the page, there are many different types of material that make up the variety of bakeware sets on the market. With that said, make sure the product you get can tolerate high temps & won’t warp.
- Non-Stick: This is pretty much an obvious tip, but we’ll mention it anyway. Non-stick is almost essential these days and you want to be sure this is both in & out of the bakeware piece. Who wants a difficult clean-up process? Again, not us.
- User-Friendly: Enough space, adequately sized handles, firm grips & ideal material is what makes a bakeware set user-friendly. We encourage you to read reviews of any product you’re considering as people who have personally experienced any bakeware set you’re considering purchasing usually mention a lot of common traits of a bakeware set which is user-friendly.
Once you find the perfect bakeware set for your kitchen, you’ll appreciate all of the time & hard work spent searching. We hope you’ve enjoyed our suggestions of some of the best bakeware sets your dollar can buy. If you are seeking other items for your kitchen, feel free to browse some of our other articles.